You may feel already overwhelmed dealing with what ever life issues have brought you to the hoarding collection you find yourself. There is undoubtedly a lot of stress, likely sadness and probably frustration. With GC Cleaning Services, you don't have to face this situation alone. For years, our experts have been helping people just like you throughout New York City, Westchester & parts of New Jersey and Connecticut. We know exactly how to help you and your family, don't go at it alone.
Signs of Hoarding, Clutter, Pack-Rat, Distressed Properties:
- Extreme collection and storage of items in the home and in the yard.
- Accumulation of combustible materials (newspapers, magazines and rubbish).
- Blocked exits (doors/windows).
- Narrow pathways in the home.
- Rat and/or insect infestations.
- Rotting food and/or used food containers.
- Human and/or animal waste.
- Long-term neglect of home maintenance.
- Non-working utilities, such as heat, running water, sewer, refrigeration.
The Reality of Hoarders
- Hoarding is not limited to any age, race, gender or nationality.
- Hoarding behavior can begin early in life but is more prevalent in older adults.
- They can be of any educational or socio-economic level.
- They are unaware that their living circumstances pose a danger to themselves and to others.
- They are unable to change unsafe conditions on their own.
There is no need to be embarrassed or ashamed about this situation. We know too well what you are going through! Believe it or not, hoarding is quite common and we see it almost daily.
Hoarding, hoarder, pack-rat, filthy, trash house, hoarding disorder, compulsive hoarders, clutterers, clutter collectors, collectors, knick-knack collectors ... these terms are commonly used to describe such a disorder. Hoarding is a proven medical disorder known as Compulsive Hoarding Syndrome often with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD). However, this is not always the case. We know that some individuals simply do not have time to pick up around the house, some individuals simply buy things that are not needed, some individuals simply collect everything. They may have a house full of personal belongings and useless items which they simply do not need. These individuals are so overwhelmed that they don’t even know where to begin cleaning up… they try and try to no end.
We will work with you every step of the way and get the home back to “New Home” clean.
Our Hoarder Cleaning Process
Our years of experience are intended for those who have come to terms with the excessive number of items that they have managed to accumulate and are now ready to take the steps necessary to change. We design our services to help you or a hoarder get out of a difficult situation. We can help you organize for an impending sale or take it away altogether. Depending on the items involved and the hoarders wishes we can take these items to a donation site, recycling center, landfill, or storage unit.
With large truck and several crew members trained specifically in hoarder cleaning, we do the heavy lifting to clear the clutter out. We then take them to a variety of disposal sites.
- Hoarding, Property and Extreme Cleanup
- Homeless and Squatter Encampment
- Clutter, Junk and Trash Removal
- Carpet and Debris Removal
- Pest and Animal Carcass Cleanup
- Feces and Urine Cleanup
- Odor Removal
- Emergency Cleaning
- Junk Yard (Appliances, Auto, etc) Evaluation