With most cleaning jobs, trained experts are able to complete the service in a pretty straightforward way. There’s one goal: get the place into tip-top shape. However, with hoarder cleanup, it’s not so easy. Not only is the physical clutter more difficult and involved, but emotions play a part as well. In most hoarding cases, the hoarder may have an attachment to the items that are taking over the home. For this reason, hoarder cleanup must be done with absolute care and compassion, with the homeowner communicating their needs through the entire process.
When a hoarding situation becomes so intense that a professional cleaning service is called, this usually means that the house is in pretty bad shape. This can mean a serious threat to the safety and wellbeing of the tenant.
Home conditions that pose a safety hazard:
- Extreme collection and storage of items in the home and in the yard.
- Accumulation of combustible materials (newspapers, magazines, and rubbish).
- Blocked exits (doors/windows).
- Narrow pathways in the home.
- Rat and/or insect infestations.
- Rotting food and/or used food containers.
- Long-term neglect of home maintenance.
- Non-working utilities, such as heat, running water, sewer, refrigeration.
Once a tenant or family member gives the go-ahead for professionals to enter the home and begin cleaning, it still doesn’t become easy. Often times, there are situations that further complicate the cleaning. The professionals must be qualified to deal with any sort of cleaning that they encounter. Even more, these same professionals must be expert communicators. Usually, the tenant or family member will be involved in the process. This means listening to their needs, removing only what they would like, and being able to adequately describe what is a safety hazard and what is not.
The comprehensive services that we offer:
- Hoarding Purge
- Odor Removal
- Property Clean-Out
- Junk and Trash Removal
- Distressed Property
- Carpet Removal
- Animal Carcass, Feces & Urine Cleanup
- Clutter or Extreme Cleanup
- Emergency Cleaning
- Homeless Encampment and Squatter Cleanup
After removal, depending on what the hoarder cleanup produced in terms of waste, these unneeded objects can be hauled to the nearest disposal site, or to nearby recycling centers.
At GC Cleaning, we are leaders in the industry when it comes to hoarder cleanup. We treat these services only with compassion and empathy, all while maintaining an expert level of skill and experience.